Breathtaking views, magnificent mountains, unspoilt nature, glistening lakes and genuine hospitality – the best of Switzerland! The Bern-Bernese Oberland region is well worth a visit at any time of year.
Picturesque landscapes surrounded by countless mountain peaks, more than 800 lakes, world-class events and great experiences, pleasurable moments and feelings of happiness, living traditions and visible customs: the Bernese Oberland is one of Switzerland’s most diverse regions.
As the birthplace of skiing, the Bernese Oberland is not just the venue for the most spectacular World Cup races in Switzerland; its mountains are also ideal for carvers, telemarkers, snowboarders and ski cross fans. The region offers 350 kilometres of cross-country skiing trails, 200 kilometres of winter hiking and snowshoe trails as well as plenty of touring opportunities.
- Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe – Europe’s highest railway station at 3,454 m above sea level.
- Big Pintenfritz – Europe’s longest toboggan run covering a distance of 15 km and a vertical drop of 1,631 m.
- Peak Walk – a spectacular suspension bridge connecting two peaks on Glacier 3000.
- Adelboden Lenk – Switzerland’s third largest skiing area.
- Bachsee – a beautiful hiking tour!
My colleague Andy is already on his way to Switzerland and will soon explore more of this beautiful region.
Copyright: Jungfrau Region By-line:swiss-image.ch/Rob Lewis